When the price is right, you need to strike! The local grocery store had a sale on Pork Butt, Tenderloin and the works, hence the reason I am focusing on pork so much this week, the sales were awesome! Tonight I'm making a family favorite, pulled pork sandwiches. This recipe is so simple and the secret ingredient? ROOT BEER! I like A & W , but whatever root beer you want works the same. Also, there is alot of play room with this recipe. I add a half a chopped onion, and two minced garlic cloves and about a teaspoon of liquid smoke for that yummy smokey flavor without dealing with the grill. This is ideal for busy work days, when you want a good hot meal with minimal efforts. I've crocked alot this last two weeks because my schedule has been so crazy, and tonight.... it's BBQ Baby! Enjoy! - Miss Rachel
Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
1 (18 ounce) bottle your favorite barbecue sauce
8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
Directions
Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours. Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker. Drain well. Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve over hamburger buns.
Nutrition
Calories 335 kcal Carbohydrates 49.4 g Cholesterol 49 mg Fat 5 g Fiber 1.5 g Protein 21.2 g


11:45 AM
Pioneer Soap Gal


Posted in:

0 comments:
Post a Comment