Miss Rachel's

Miss Rachel's

Friday, March 30, 2012

The benefits of Carrots

Carrots are rich in Potassium, Calcium , Vitamins A & C and they are famous for being good for your vision. Carrots used to be grown for their aromatic leaves and not their roots, but today carrot is more preferred for its root! Carrot juice makes an excellent health drink. I juice a small bag of baby carrots every single day, and it has made a big difference in the way I feel. I also add 1 cucumber, a tomato and an apple. I start my morning off with this carrot veggie elixir and drink it with my breakfast of tuna, cream cheese and wheat. When I found out my adrenal glands were functioning poorly,I discovered juicing made me feel 100% better, I juiced carrots mainly because they tasted so good in the juice. I have since learned more about the benefits of eating and drinking carrot and even learned some great benefits it has for the skin.

Carrot juice is great for natural skin care. Given below is a list of carrot juice skin benefits.

*Vitamin A is essential for tissue growth in the body. Carrots contain vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene. Therefore, with daily intake of carrot juice, one doesn't need to take vitamin A supplements.
*Vitamin A in carrot is an excellent natural antioxidant. Antioxidants slow down the process of aging by scavenging on free radicals. These free radicals cause many health problems like eczema, dermatitis, wrinkles and even rashes. Thus, vitamin A in carrot juice plays a major role in skin care.
*One of the most important carrot juice benefits for skin is, that it fights sun damage. Carrots contain carotenoids and powerful antioxidants. Carotenoids help to protect, and condition the skin. Antioxidants in carrots increase the skin's immunity against sun and help in healing sunburn. Drinking carrot juice in summer will act as a natural sunblock.
*Vitamin C in carrots help in collagen production in the body. Collagen is an essential protein for skin elasticity. Collagen helps to prevent wrinkles and locks the process of aging.
*Lack of potassium can make your skin dry and cause muscle spasms, which can be prevented by drinking potassium rich carrot juice.
*Carrot juice helps to reduce blemishes. Apply carrot juice regularly on blemishes to see the effect.
*Drinking carrot juice and plenty of water will keep your body and skin well-hydrated.
*Carrot is used for the prevention and cure of many skin ailments. So, carrot is used as the main ingredient in many skin products.
*It is a very good alternative medicine for the skin. Drinking carrot juice regularly will keep your skin smooth, soft and supple.
*Carrot juice is also helpful for treating uneven skin tones due to pigmentation.
*Juice of carrots contain essential oils, which help in proper digestion. This helps in eliminating and preventing acne. Thus, carrot juice for acne is one of the best natural acne cures.
*nother known sobriquet for carrot is herbal healer. Carrot juice is beneficial in preventing and curing of scars.
*Carrot have anti-inflammatory property, and help to revitalize and tone the skin.
*Consuming carrot juice regularly, for a long-term will reflect well-hydrated glowing skin. Thus, the skin will not get dry and skin conditions like eczema can be avoided. Also, long-term use of carrot juice will avoid per-mature aging because of its rich antioxidant content. So, you will prevent wrinkles, and those who have wrinkles will see a reduction in the intensity of wrinkles and dark skin spots.

Something I noticed several months back was the dark patches on my cheeks. When examining them more closely, they looked very similar to age spots or sun damage. I am 33 and have had little exposure to the sun. I've always worn a minimum of an SPF 15 in my make up and facial creams so I knew that couldn't be it. As I discovered later on, one of the symptoms from Adrenal fatigue is discoloration of the facial skin, exactly like the ones I have. I have been taking an adrenal supplement loaded with B vitamins and an especially formulated herbal blend to help heal and regrow the adrenal glands, but I have been consuming carrot juice frequently. After a month of juicing ,mainly carrots, I have seen an amazing difference in the discoloration of my skin. It's beginning to even out and look much smoother. I haven't used any of the miracle facial creams that smooth discoloration, only eating a strict healthy diet, lots of water and drinking carrots!

After my morning Juice and a high protein breakfast, I feel a surge of energy within 30 minutes and right on clock work my bladder kicks in. I have not had a problem with the common water weight you have with adrenal fatigue since I've been juicing!
My face was beginning to look tired and careworn and it's already looking smoother and yes, younger!! Now, Carrots are no miracle by themselves, everything goes together in a balanced nutritional diet, but what I am sure the carrot is contributing to these dark patches fading!

I do limit myself to only one juice a day with carrots, and when I have carrot juice I make sure I consume it with high protein and balanced good for you fats, because with adrenal fatigue, hypoglycemia goes hand in hand and carrots contain a lot of natural sugars. Carrot also has a lot of potassium and so if you to have adrenal fatigue, you may not know this , but we tend to have to much potassium already and need to be careful not to get to much until the adrenal is healed. One glass of carrot juice mixed with other veggie juice and with a balanced meal ideal for adrenal fatigue is best, and we can still reap the skin benefits from the carrot without over doing it. If adrenal fatigue isn't a problem for you, then by all means, eat em, drink em.... enjoy the carrot!

Here's a good carrot facial mask you can make at home.

2-3 large carrots
4 and a half tbsp honey

Directions:

1. Cook the carrots

2. After cooling mash them

3. Mix it with honey to make a paste.

4. Stir 1 tbsp of olive oil and squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice into the face mask mixture

5. Mix mineral water to provide the face mask with a creamy consistency. However, don’t add too much of water as the face mask would then become too watery.

6. Gently apply over your face

7. Leave it on for 15 minutes

8. When dry, rinse off with cool water

Observe the results and be assured to use this mask as often as you can.

Here are some facts you need to know before confirming why you can depend on his method for the best results.

1. Since carrots contain invaluable nutrients like glucose, iron, copper, Vitamins C, D, E, K and most importantly carotene, face masks made made of carrot can help in nourishing the skin in a natural radiant way.

2. The skin loses charm as it is constantly exposed to the severities of nature.

3. Honey is made of components like, fructose, glucose, water, enzymes, minerals, vitamins and amino acids which is again very essential for the skin.

4. While olive oil will help in nourishing and cleaning the skin, lemon is a natural astringent which helps in cleaning the greasy skin.

Carrot Face Mask is extremely beneficial for people with oily skin and it also helps in preventing wrinkles, thereby retaining your youthful look. In addition, it protects the skin from free radicals thereby promoting the regeneration of healthy skin cells.

Your hair stands to benefit from carrots as well. Carrots are especially effective for dry and damaged hair.

Simply boil carrots and blend them in a mixer. Then beat an egg and some yogurt and add the blended carrot to it. Apply this on your hair and keep it on for about an hour. Then wash it off with warm water to revel soft hair.

You can also nourish neglected and dry hair with a carrot and avocado hair treatment.

* Grate a carrot, put it in a glass measuring cup, and cover it with olive oil. Put the cup in a saucepan of boiling water, cook it for 1 hour, and strain.

Mix the carrot oil with a mashed ripe avocado, apply it to the hair, and leave it for 1 hour before your rinse it off.

resources:Organic Gardening, Fruits 'N Veggies

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Visit Pioneer Soap Works | Fan Club - Follow Us on Twitter | All information provided or shared is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace the advise from your health care provider. All information and articles are written by information studied and resourced from varies sources and personal knowledge. All images are provided royalty free from, Rachel Dobbs, Marta Beard, Shoshana Howell and various royalty free image providers online. All Cover Girls have given permission to use their photos and information. Magazine graphics designs are created by Rachel Dobbs of Jelly Bean Lane Graphics Mall.